Monday, May 25, 2009

Hostess with the Mostest and Singleness...

Last weekend I hosted my first official party for someone. Katie bought a house this spring and I was so glad to get the chance to give her a housewarming party. Laney said she wanted to as well, so we paired up and took it on. It was so much fun, although a lot of work. I don't know how mom does it so much. I was exhausted at the end of the day, then had to get in my car and drive 2 hours home. Katie was so grateful for us throwing the party. She seemed happy, which made me happy. I loved doing it for her.

Furman bball at Katie's housewarming...Miv, Laney, Katie, Orion, and me


Lately I have been thinking about my future. I never thought I would be 26 and still not married. I always thought I would be the girl that went to school, met some guy that also played college sports, get married, and live happily ever after. Well obviously that didn't happen...life did. The thing is I love my life. I wouldn't change it for anything. I love being able to go where I want to without having to check in, buying whatever I want to without checking "our" finances, and just having fun with my girls and hanging out with all my guy friends. I know God hasn't brought me someone yet for a reason, so I am just enjoying the singleness. As you can see below...


Me, Kim, and Katie out at Front Page News


Liz met up with us!!

Since my last relationship I have learned a great deal about myself. I'm stronger than I thought I was and I now know how to protect my heart. I am learning not to follow my heart because, The heart is deceitful about all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? (Jer. 17:9) and to follow my conscience, the Spirit. Believe me I still struggle with wanting to just follow my heart and let myself go, but thankfully God has helped me protect my heart.

The other weekend my friend asked me why I don't date. I just told him that I don't feel like I have met anyone that is worth it. I know myself I catch feelings fast and get attached, so I figured the best way to avoid this was to just not date. He asked how long until I will. I honestly couldn't answer that. I know I have a lot of work I need to do on myself to have a healthy and godly relationship and lots of things on my plate. Plus leaving for China in about 2 months doesn't make for the best start to relationships...lol.

No comments: