Friday, August 29, 2008

Back at it again...

We started school last Tuesday. I was a bit weary about going back. Those of you I am close to realize that it was not an easy year last year. My little students were more like little demons and I was very frustrated. But I am here to say God answers prayers! I guess it's true what they say about Him not giving us more than we can handle. I think if I would have had another class from H... I wouldn't teach again. Don't get me wrong I did love those kids with all my heart, but they made my life hard...very hard. I can't tell you how many times I thought I was a terrible teacher and wasn't making a difference in their lives because I wasn't seeing any changes.

I love my class this year and am really looking forward to it. It's crazy, I forgot what it felt like to teach, not just discipline the students. It is fun! I know it is just the first 9 days, but I am looking forward to the next 171. :)

Other happenings in my life (since I haven't blogged in forever). The first weekend of August I went to a co-workers wedding. It was so much fun. I am so thankful for such good friends at work. We get together for dinner often and have breakfast every Friday before school. I love my girls so much!

The Watkins have been here lots. I love being so close to my niece and nephew (just with the lil Scotts were closer too :(! ) Beckham and Ainsley are getting so big. We were at the mall yesterday and they suckered me! We got a snack (some healthy Chik-Fil-A fries) to split. Julie was shopping while we were finishing and Beckham looks at me and says "Aunt Megan mommy says we can have a dessert when we eat something healthy like french fries." I think he saw I wasn't buying it and quickly replied "Fries are healthy, they are potatoes." I didn't know what to say to that, so I bought them cookies. :) No wonder why I am their favorite aunt :) (just kidding everyone)

Here are some pics from the past ohhhhh month or so...


My girls @ Suzanne's wedding


My good friend, Jess, from college came to visit!


Beckham and me


The newlyweds and me out on the lake

No comments: