Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Single, solo, una...

After a lot of prayer and time with God I have realized that for so long I have always felt the need to be with someone. God was gracious enough to get me out of the relationship with PJ, allowing me to once again draw near to Him. Although I have a lot more work to do I feel like I am walking much stronger with the Lord.

I was doing quiet time one day last week and God spoke to me clearly..."Megan why can't you be happy with just me?" I didn't want to hear it, or was pushing it away, but after being honest I realized God was right (big surprise, right?!) I have always had a guy in my life that I trust with everything and go to for problems. Why have I been so blind and dumb to realize that God needs to be the man in my life that I take everything to. Unlike guys here on Earth my God will never fail me...NEVER!! Isn't that amazing?!? I am still overwhelmed thinking about that...I have been let down so many times in my life (as I'm sure others have to) that it is hard to believe I can count on Him for everything...so that is what I am learning to do...and God put it on my heart that would be a lot easier to do if there wasn't another guy in my life to take attention away from Him.

So I made a promise to myself that I won't go on any dates or be in any relationships until the new year. I think it will be good...will I get lonely...sure...but I think that will be the time when I cling even tighter to my heavenly hero.

Just wanted you to know...so everyone can stop asking who I'm dating...lol

XOXO
Meg

3 comments:

60 toes said...

You go girl, I am proud of you.

I love you.

-C

JulieMonte said...

Glad you took took the time to stop and listen to God. So often we seek Him for advice but then don't stop to listen to his answer. Or we listen and don't agree with it so either ignore it or ask again hoping for a differnet answer. Glad you are listening and obeying only good things can come from it.

Carrie said...

That's awesome. I give you "props" (smile) for committing to doing that. Have you ever read "Lady in Waiting"? It's a good book about singleness, and how we should look at it as a blessing; an opportunity to do things we won't be able to do when/if we're married. Instead, we look at it oftentimes as a "cross to bear." Of course, the author who wrote it is married, so its easier said than done! :) Anyway, I think its really cool how you're seeking God so much right now....