Friday, June 13, 2008

It's been awhile...

Okay so I took on Katie's role in the drought of posting on my blog...let me catch you up since, hmmm May was it?

1) Most important! Summer is here! We ended school on June 4th. I'm so thankful for being a teacher and having summer vacation.


My class on the last day of school!

2) Right after we were done with school six teaching friends and I made our way to Sullivan's Island for a relaxing weekend. We had so much fun laying out, going to a nice dinner at the Boathouse, and then to some place that had an 80's cover band. Needless to say I had so much fun, I was up on stage singing "Jesse's Girl".


all us girls

singing Jesse's Girl

3)I came back to reality and a basement full of stuff. Did I forget to mention my landlord needed my apt. so I moved in with mom and dad. YES ladies and gents a 25 year old living at home! But I am excited, I really feel like this is where God wants me. Besides what could be better than hanging out with mom and dad...at their pool! :) So I spent much of the week organizing my room in the morning, and laying by the pool during the day, and then organizing again.

4) Mom and I survived the hot box up to VA..when I say it was hot I mean hot. I kept praying that God would not make me such a brat to be around...by the end of the trip I don't know if he answered my prayers. But mom and I did get to listen to a book on CD...uThe Scarlett Threadu by Francine Rivers. It wasn't til the end of the book that I realized I had already read it...really Megan?! Am I getting that old that I can't remember stuff....goodness. But we are here now and we can start to celebrate Amy and David's marriage!

5) Also exciting news...onThursday I met with a young woman at the church about volunteering. I really feel like God is wanting me to step out of my comfort zone and show people His love. So we had a great talk and there were lots of ideas flying around...so this summer I am going to be helping with Game Day at a local gov't housing apartment complex. I am also going to be some little child's mentor...I'm super excited! More on that later.

I will update this post when I get back to SC with pics. Oh yeah I got a haircut....short short. I'll add that one too.


xoxo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey girl! looks like you're having a great summer! I love the haircut! Hope to see you soon!
Nicole