Friday, September 26, 2008

Dumb People

On my drive to work today I was listening to a radio talk show. A singer was on promoting his new CD that is coming out soon. The conversation that followed made me so annoyed.

Host: Who are you voting for?
Joe: Obama
Host: Are you a registered voter?
Joe: Nah, He doesn't need my help.
Host: You know the race is pretty close and you should register because your vote could matter.
Joe: How do I register?
Host: Goes on to tell him how to register....
Joe: How many days do I have to vote?
Host: (kinda in shock at this point) Um it's a one day thing.
Joe: So when is voting day?

Me thinking is this guy serious?!

Host: Well actually it is called ELECTION DAY and it is November 4th. (Goes on to say how normal people have off of word to go vote..blah blah)
Joe: Man...I'm going to be out of the country on tour...Can I vote online?

ARE YOU SERIOUS JOE!? Please tell me you are kidding. This isn't American Idol, you can't vote online, or text your vote in, or call 1-800-VOTE-OBAMA. You actually have to take your dumb behind to a voting site and place your vote. You know in a booth....

I think if I was the host I would have told him you go ahead and vote online one less idiot voting for real :)


Goodness if people like him are voting I am scared for our country...Hopefully they won't know how to register or miss the "voting day". We can only hope.

No comments: