Tuesday, March 24, 2009

In the moment

God has really brought to my attention some things. I am constantly finding myself in a state of "what ifs/I can't wait until." I was running yesterday thinking about how I can't wait to go to China, or to find a man that loves me, or to have a family when God hit me on the head with the old why can't you be contempt with where you have me now. I think this came from the sermon on Sunday at Crosspoint. It was about how God has a mission for our lives and it is planned. He has me where I am in my life right now for a reason. I need to be looking for opportunities to serve and show His love now, not wait until later. I can't want something that hasn't happened yet, God hasn't given me what I want for a reason that He knows. I need to enjoy the time NOW. It's funny because so many times when I was anxious for the next phase in my life once I get there I find myself looking back and wishing I could relive the past phase. I think if I keep hoping and wishing for the next phase I will miss the stage I'm in right now. And let's be real it couldn't get much better than it is now. I have awesome roomies, a great job I love, amazing friends, and live in the most beautiful place ever. I need to be living in the moment, not in the past or the future. Just some thoughts...

No comments: