Monday, May 11, 2009

Random thoughts...

I can't believe it is less than 3 months before I leave for China. I have so many emotions and feelings, ones I can only expect to increase as my departure gets closer. I spent this weekend in Atlanta for a friend's graduation from Emory. I had a blast and we spent the whole weekend laughing. I couldn't help but think about how much I will miss all my friends and family when I am gone. Saying it out loud sounds dumb and egocentric, but it's weird that everyone's lives are going to continue going on without me here to experience them.

I am pretty good at keeping in touch with people. When I left Hofstra I talked with my good friends weekly, if not daily. I was in Alex's wedding and got to hold Joy's baby when she was born. I am probably closer now with the people I went to Furman with than I was when we were in school. I know I will stay connected, but it won't be with the consistency that I am used to. I am used to random texts, long conversations on my drive to and from work, getting dinner and drinks with friends, or driving to Atlanta to hang out, just stopping by a friend's when I am in the neighborhood. I won't be able to do that in China. For all the times I will miss seeing my friends faces, I know that I will keep in touch and it will show me who are my true friends. Nowadays it is so much easier to stay in touch, I mean even my dad is on facebook!! (Just kidding dad)

I am also so excited I can hardly wait. I can't wait to set up my apartment and a new classroom, meet new people, travel all over Asia, new experiences, the culture and much more. The one thing I am not excited about...packing! Anyone that knows me knows that I always overpack!

Right now I am just focusing on closing out this year the best I can. We took our annual field trip to Columbia at the end of April. I will not miss planning that trip! We have our first day of standardized state tests tomorrow. It is always hard for me, I am constantly wondering if I did a good enough job. It's hard to believe this year is coming to an end, it seems to have flown by.


My class in a photo op for a respresentative

I have also been busy every weekend for awhile. The other weekend I went to Melissa's (TFer) wedding in Charleston. My friend, Jason, was nice enough to come with me. The wedding was beautiful and Melissa was glowing.



The beautiful bride and me


Jason and me

This past weekend I went to Atlanta for Paul's graduation. It was a fun weekend with "the crew". Larral, Rodney, JT, and Ant all made it into town to help celebrate. It's always fun when everyone is together, you never know what is going to happen. I am going back this weekend because Laney and I are hosting a housewarming party for Katie. I'll post pictures of Atlanta later. :)

No comments: