Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Rest in Me

I am constantly finding myself worrying about the future or beating myself up about the past. During my daily reading from Jesus Calling I read this. The author writes as if it is God speaking directly to her and then mixes in verses He speaks to her. I heart it!


Rest with me a while. You have journeyed up a steep, rugged path in recent days. The way ahead of you is shrouded in uncertainty. Look neither behind you nor before you. Instead, focus your attention on Me, your constant Companion. Trust that I will equip you fully for whatever awaits you on your journey.

I designed time to be a protection for you. You couldn't beat to see all your life at once. Though I am unlimited by time, it is in the present moment that I meet you. Refresh yourself in My company, breathing deep draughts of My Presence. The highest level of trust is to enjoy Me moment by moment. I am with you, watching over you wherever you go.

Psalm 143:8; Genesis 28:15

Isn't God amazing!

No comments: