Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Ultimate Gift

Mom and Dad gave all of us a book this Christmas. The book is The Ultimate Gift by Jim Stovall. The book is a great and easy read. One of the things in it is the Golden List. The man before he gets out of bed everyday makes a mental list of 10 things he is thankful for. I love this idea. It is so simple and a great way to start the day. He did it everyday of his life from the time someone taught it to him. I have started making my mental list. It has really opened my eyes and given me a different perspective. Here is my list for today:

1. One of my bestest friends in the world came up to Greenville yesterday for a random visit. I'm thankful for her friendship and her visit.
2. A great visit with the Watkins. (more on this in another post)
3. For waking me up this morning, my health and being able to see your creation.
4. My family.
5. Each and every one of my students' and the opportunity to change their lives.
6. A long talk with my old coaches.
7. My bed.
8. Ainsley and Beckham's laughs. They always make me smile.
9. My parent's being so close.
10. God's unfailing love and always being there for me when I continually mess up.

No comments: