Tuesday, February 5, 2008

"I'm wasn't fat! "

Today in class we were working on creating timelines of the students' lives. I was working with one of my precious angels trying to help him draw himself when he was born...otherwise known as a baby. I was helping and all of a sudden he is crying and yelling "NO!!" I don't know why he is crying so in my most sympathetic voice I could find I ask him what is the matter. He says, "You made me fat, I wasn't fat when I was a baby!" And he was dead serious!

I tried so hard not to laugh, but looking at my drawing of a baby in a blanket I had to because it was pretty pathetic and I guess he was right, the baby was on the hefty side. Of course me laughing opened up another can of worms because he thought I was laughing at him. I had to explain to him I was laughing at my drawing and how bad it was.

I am considering writing a book of what comes out of the mouths of my babes.

4 comments:

JulieMonte said...

You can draw. You were on the winning team when we played pictionary (no thanks to Kaite's dog/wolf/hippo).

Megan Kuemmerlin said...

haha true...but apparently I'm not good enough to draw a skinny baby.

Megan Kuemmerlin said...

haha true...but apparently I'm not good enough to draw a skinny baby.

Katie said...

Hey!!! No fair calling me out in mixed company!! It was a very well detailed dog/wolf/hippo thank you very much.